|Title||Buddy Pine, Incrediboy, Syndrome|
|Film||The Incredibles (2004)|
|Hair Color||Blonde (formerly), Blonde|
|Friends||Mirage (formerly), The Omnidroid (formerly)|
|Enemies||Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Violet Parr, Dash Parr, Jack-Jack Parr, Frozone|
- "You, sir, truly are Mr. Incredible. You know, I was right to idolize you? I always knew you were tough, but tricking the probe by hiding under the bones of another super? Oh, MAN! I'm still geeking out about it!"
Syndrome (real name Buddy Pines) is the main antagonist in the Disney/Pixar film The Incredibles.
As a young Buddy Pine, he aspired to become a superhero. This goal led him to beg Bob Parr to hire him as a sidekick.
Sadly, after Bob categorically refused to grant Buddy's favor, the future Syndrome has developed much rancor for not being given a chance by his idol and by the people. This obstacle and the lack of real superpower gave him the will to overcome superheroes, until aspiring to eliminate them, in order to become a popular and "self-made" hero. Syndrome's personality describes him as a person with a lack of conscience, a direct result of sociopathy, making him a mad scientist. He allowed missiles that he shot at an airplane carrying Helen Parr, Dash Parr, and Violet Parr to continue on after Helen revealed the children's presence on the plane and bet Mirage's life in a subsequent showdown when Mr. Incredible threatened her (due to him believing that he was bluffing), showing him as a amoral person with very little regard for human life. Furthermore, he is depicted as a frustrated and spiteful character.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
When Syndrome was still at a young age, he was a gifted boy who specializes in technology engineering, as he was able to create jet boots at a young age. While not having superpowers, Syndrome's high intellect made him a fierce opponent, his tactical skills and inventions proving to be more than enough to allow him to compete with the likes of Mr. Incredible.
Syndrome was a formidable foe when it comes to building numerous advanced technology and weapons, as he was also capable of becoming a successful weapons designer.
- Utility Gauntlets - Using zero-point energy, Syndrome is able to create a field of quantum energy that inhibits the majority of a victim's body movement. If the victim's skin is exposed, the range of motion of the victim's face is also taken to the minimum (only their eyes can move), and the ability to speak is also inhibited. The field is moved by his fingers and can be fired in the forms of energy blasts and concentrated beams. The trigger for these weapons is located high on the palm of each hand to prevent most unwanted firings. The left-hand gauntlet also holds the remote control for the Omnidroid. A communicator is likely built into the right-hand gauntlet.
- Aero Boots - In his short days as IncrediBoy, Buddy used makeshift rockets. As Syndrome, his rocket boots were modified to project flames of blue fire.
- Bio-Probe - Used to locate temperature, atmosphere and life signals in various locations. Worn in the left-hand gauntlet.
- Miniature "I"-bomb - Small, but exceedingly powerful water-bomb. Worn in the right-hand gauntlet.