RWBY AU is a recently made AU (Alternate Universe), where the Big Four (Rapunzel, Merida, Hiccup and Jack Frost) are either replacing team RWBY or added to the current RWBY universe; however, it can also be possible that it is from an entirely different yet the same universe where the RWBY cast simply do not exist at all.
Because it is not canon, ideas for this AU are shown through fanfiction, fanart, and other fan-made works.
About the AUEdit
In the RWBY world, in the country of Vale (or another country), Rapunzel, Merida, Hiccup and Jack Frost are students who are newly enrolled in the prestigious combat school, Beacon Academy in order to fight the Grimm, mysterious, monsterous and other-worldly creatures (possibly created by Pitch) as well as other entities - such as Roman Torchwick and Cinder Fall or the rebellious faunus organization, the White Fang.
Different Names of the TeamEdit
- SCLT - pronounced as 'scarlet'. In Kyra Tuiama's fic, it is based on their names:
- Jackson Overland Sapphire Frost (took the S)
- Hunter Cal Poly Horrendous Haddock the Third (took the C)
- Rapunzel Lavender (took the L)
- Merida Tangelo (took the T)
- WBRY - named after the color of their hair. (White, Brown, Red, Yellow)
- JHMR - named after their first names (Jack, Hiccup, Merida, Rapunzel)
- JHRM - pronounced as 'germ'. Like JHMR, it is based after their first names.
- SAWS - named after the seasons they're affiliated and very similar to/with (Rapunzel-Spring; Hiccup-Autumn; Jack-Winter; Merida-Summer)
- RWBY - probably not as popular, considering that it clashes with the original show, but this can be used as an alternative to WBRY.
- MJHR: Pronounced as Merger, it applies to their first names. It can used a reference to them learning to work together.
The Big FourEdit
Similar to Jaune Arc (as both are smart and good in leadership but bad in physical combat and such), but can also serve as the leader of the team sometimes. With his leadership skills, he can also be portrayed as Ruby Rose. Both Hiccup and Ruby are also inventors.
Sometimes portrayed as the alternative Ruby Rose of the fandom, but can also serve as the leader of the team sometimes. He can also possibly be the alternative Weiss Schnee of the fandom - despite the differences of their personalities, their affiliation with the winter season or snow element is quite the same.
Similar to Pyrrha Nikos (the two are red-heads, beautiful and are very excellent in combat), but can also serve as the leader of the team sometimes. She can also be portrayed as the Yang Xiao Long of the group, as both are aggressive and willing to fight for what's right.
Portrayed as the alternative Yang Xiao-Long (possibly due to blonde hair and/or similar personality), but can also serve as the leader of the team sometimes. She can also be the alternative Ruby Rose (if not Jack Frost) of the fandom, due to their similar hyper, friendly, and perky attitude.