|Title||Jack Frost, Jackson Overland, Jackson "Jack" Overland Frost, Jokul Frosti, Bloody Show Pony (by Bunny)|
|Film||Rise of the Guardians|
|Hair Color||White (formerly brown)|
|Eye Color||Blue (formerly brown)|
|Family||Unnamed Sister, Unnamed Mother, Jamie Bennett (Relative in-theory), Sophie Bennett (Relative in-theory)|
|Friends||Nicholas St. North, E. Aster Bunnymund, Toothiana, Sanderson Mansnoozie, Rapunzel Corona, Merida DunBroch, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III|
|Enemies||Pitch Black, Mother Gothel, Mor'du, Red Death|
- "My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? The Moon told me so. But that was all he ever told me. And that was a long, long time ago."
- —Jack Frost
Jackson "Jack" Overland Frost is a Guardian, albeit sarcastic and a mischief-maker, originally from Rise of the Guardians. He can control ice and cold weather, such as making a blizzard and starting winter (snow days). He's one of the Big Four.
Jack currently has white hair and very pale skin. His striking blue eyes have dark circles under them. He has a tall stature, albeit slim.
He wears a blue hooded sweater, frost collecting around the ring of the collar, trousers bound with lighter material starting from the knee down to the rather tattered and frayed bottom, and is barefoot throughout the movie. He carries around a magical staff, resembling a shepherd's crook. It is Jack's gateway to help him unleash his powers of conjuring snow, ice, and frost.
Before Jack became immortal, he was seen wearing a brown cloak, a white woolen shirt, and a small and brown open vest. He wore the same pants as seen in the present. He had warm brown hair and dark amber eyes, rather blushed cheeks and less paler skin.
Jack is currently over 300 years old. However, there is some debate as to the exact age Jack died at. On the Rise of the Guardians App, it states: "Jack Frost has been around for over 300 years, but he is forever trapped at the age of 18." However, the author of the original Guardians of Childhood series, William Joyce, has said in interviews that Jack is "14", comparing him to Peter Pan.
PersonalityAs a human, Jack grew up in what looked like an early colonial Quaker colony and constantly entertained his friends and younger children by being mischievous and playing the fool. Despite being mischievous and foolish, he acted as a big brother to younger children, and was especially responsible for his younger sister, as his sacrifice for her led him to becoming a Guardian.
Jack Frost is a mischievous teenage hellion who has no interest in being bound by rules or obligations, and instead favors spreading his winter magic for the sake of the personal amusement of himself and children. Despite these traits, Jack is also gentle and generous. The source of Jack's anti-social behavior towards the Guardians and refusal to adhere to rules was mostly because of his frustration with the Man in the Moon not answering his questions about who he was or why he was created, and also because no human, child or adult, was able to see him for centuries for no one had believed in him. But as Jack spends time in the Guardians' company, each individual would have an effect on him that would change him from a mischief-making winter spirit to a full-fledged Guardian in his own right, as well as a hero.
It was his refusal to give up in the face of overwhelming odds that enabled him to help one child, Jamie, keep his beliefs in all of the Guardians as well as finally believe in Jack enough to see him. And it was his desire to protect Jamie, as he once did his sister, that helped him realize his center, as a Guardian, is Fun.
Jack proudly accepted the duties and responsibilities as the Guardian of Fun. His purpose, to spread the feelings of Fun and Joy so as to spread happiness to bolster the faith children have in the Guardians.
Powers and Abilities
Jack has incredible weather powers in which he controls with the help of his magic staff. He can call and ride the wind, float like a snowflake, conjure ice and snow, freeze objects or even people solid with a mere wave of his staff, make images drawn on frosted window panes come to life, and spread the feelings of fun and joy with his specialty: snowballs. Jack also later discovered that he can unleash energy bolts of ice when he first stood up against Pitch, reducing an entire cavalry of Nightmares to frozen crystals in one concentrated blast.
As an immortal spirit made by the Man in the Moon, Jack possesses eternal life and eternal youth. Because of this however, Jack is unable to be seen, heard or felt by any mortal (with the exception of animals) unless they believe in him. It can be assumed that, like Pitch and the Guardians, he could draw strength from this belief as well, becoming a much stronger force as a result. Unlike North, Tooth and Bunny however, Jack seems to be able to operate at full-capacity while still having no believers himself, implying that should he become a figure as popular as them, he could be one of the most powerful spirits in their ranks.
- Winter Magic: As the Spirit of Winter, Jack can summon snow, ice, frost, and later learned he can unleash energy bolts of ice, and he can easily freeze things over/solid with a mere wave of his staff. Originally, Jack channeled his Winter Magic through his staff, mistaking it to be the source of his power, when really it was just a conduit to help keep his powers under control. Jack can conjure ice, snow, and frost from his mere presence, as well as freezing winds, snowballs, snowflakes, etc. Jack can even manifest images from frosted window panes, freeze water by walking on it, and conjure indoor snowfall, and of course, being the spirit of winter, he is not bothered by the cold.
- Flight: Jack is able to fly by riding the wind. He flies by floating like a snowflake, and propels himself with wind to fly faster.
- Magic of Fun: As the Guardian of Fun, Jack can bewitch others with feelings of fun, joy, and laughter with his snowballs or even his snowflakes. This was first seen when he hit Cupcake with a snowball, quelling her anger, and helping her have fun and become friends with Jamie and the other kids.
- Free running: Jack is a very skilled free runner and can quickly move across rooftops or even weave through traffic with uncanny speed and agility, as he safely directed Jamie on an epic sled-ride.
- Magic Staff: Jack has a magic staff with which he can control the elements of winter. Jack's staff name is Twinetender and came from an a willow that stood on the ancient burial grounds of Mohican Indians. The Mohicans called it Warriors Willow for from its branches came the strongest and most flexible bows, staffs and arrows that their warriors and hunters fashioned. The warrior dead of the tribe were buried among the willows roots and each limb was said to have the spirit of a warrior within its heartwood who could help the person that wielded it, but only if that being were brave and true of heart. Jack's staff was his friend, his comrade his protector. It would alert him to danger. It could focus Jack's power to speak to the wind and learn the language of leaves; which allows him to fill the sky with leaves and twist them about as he wills. The leaves can also act as a shield or blister down like charging cavalry. Originally, he thought this staff was the source of his power, when really it was just a conduit for him to channel the magic of winter that had really been inside of him, seen when he repaired it through sheer force of will after Pitch snapped it in half.
- Battle Style: Jack's battle style consists of Parkour and Kendo (means "way of the sword"). He combines free-running with Martial Arts to make a unique battle style. With perfect timing and skills, Jack is able to dodge an enemy attack and instantly response by calculating his body and staff movements to be able deliver his own attack. He also pays close attention to an enemy movements since a response that is too slow or fast may not be effective.
- Physical Age Manipulation: After Jack had been victorious in his penultimate battle with Pitch, he went through many extraordinary changes. He was able to physically age himself (up to a point) or become younger at will.
- Leaf Manipulation: Jack Frost has a special kinship among the world of leaves. He can command the leaves of any tree or plant (other than Mandrake) and use them as spies to keep watch for Pitch. They can change color, fly and even return to their tree if he tells them. They speak to Jack as though he were one of them and revere the magic lad as a king. His strength and power derive much from the realm of nature and his mysterious friendship with the being known as Mother Nature.
Jack has a magic staff with which he can control the elements of winter. Originally, he thought this staff was the source of his power, when really it was just a conduit for him to channel the magic of winter that had really been inside of him, seen when he repaired it through sheer force of will after Pitch snapped it in half.
Role in the Crossover
Many fans believe that Jack is somewhat the "loose cannon" of the Big Four, as well as the link that keeps the team together. Because he is immortal (providing a shadow of history) and has the ability to ride on the wind and travel with the seasons, it is possible that he was able to meet Rapunzel, Hiccup, and Merida before they met each other. One of his snowflakes are seen as his personal mark.
To see Jack's relationships with the Big Four and other characters, Click here.
To see Jack's pairings, click here.
(Concept Art sketched and submitted for original film is credited to Shane Prigmore)